Job Search Global Pty Ltd ACN 980 749 050 trading as Jobsearch.com.au
We recognise that your privacy is very important to you. We are committed to protecting the privacy of your Personal Information in accordance with the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth).
The Privacy Act details Australian Privacy Principles that set minimum standards for how government agencies and private sector organisations may collect, use, disclose, store and provide access to Personal Information.
We are committed to complying with the Australian Privacy Principles.
‘Personal Information’ means any information or an opinion about an identified individual, or an individual who is reasonably identifiable:
- whether the information or opinion is true or not; and
- whether the information or opinion is recorded in a material form or not.
‘Related Companies’ has the same meaning as related bodies corporate as defined in section 50 of the Corporations Act 2001 (Cth).
‘Sensitive Information’ is a sub set of Personal Information defined as:
- information or an opinion about an individual’s:
- racial or ethnic origin; or
- political opinions; or
- membership of a political association; or
- religious beliefs or affiliations; or
- philosophical beliefs; or
- membership of a professional or trade association; or
- membership of a trade union; or
- sexual orientation or practices; or
- criminal record; or
- health information about an individual; or
- genetic information about an individual that is not otherwise health information.; or
- biometric information that is to be used for the purpose of automated biometric verification or biometric identification; or
- biometric templates.
‘you’ and ‘your’ refers to our customers and prospective customers. It also refers to users of our web site.
Job Search Global Pty Ltd and its related entities (referred to as Job Search Global, we or our) are committed to the protection of your Personal Information in accordance with the Australian Privacy Principles (APPs) as set out in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (Privacy Act).
HOW WE COLLECT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We collect Your Personal Information in various ways, including via telephone, our website, forms you may complete and submit, obtaining an online quote, email, entry into a competition or surveys that you participate in.
Whenever you deal with us, we will collect this information directly from you unless it is unreasonable or impracticable for us to do so. In some instances we may collect your information from someone else. This may include our authorised representatives, distributors, referrers, agents, business partners, Related Companies, member loyalty or rewards program providers, veterinary service providers, family members and anyone you have authorised to deal with us on your behalf
If you provide Personal Information to Job Search Global about another person, we rely on you to have made or make them aware that you will, or may, provide their information to us and the types of third parties we may provide it to, the relevant purposes we and any of the third parties will use it for and how they can access it. If you have not done, or will not do either of these things, you must tell us before you provide the relevant Personal Information.
From time to time we may request Personal Information from you through competitions or surveys. Participation in these competitions or surveys is completely voluntary and you, therefore, have the choice of whether or not you disclose the Personal Information requested. We may use Personal Information we collect through surveys or questionnaires to assess your satisfaction with our products and services and to determine how we may be able to better service your needs.
WHAT INFORMATION WE COLLECT
The Personal Information we collect depends on the products and services we offer you or you use or apply for. Typically the details we collect and hold include your name, contact details (address, phone and fax number, email address) date of birth and gender. We may also collect information that is specific to a particular product. This includes details of your employment, migration and education history.
We do not collect ‘Sensitive Information’.
Unless it is impracticable, you have the option of interacting with us anonymously or by using a pseudonym. For example, you may visit and browse our website and use some of our online facilities without having to reveal any Personal Information.
WHY WE COLLECT AND HOW WE USE PERSONAL INFORMATION
We generally collect Personal Information to provide or offer you the various products and services we offer or otherwise as permitted by law. Such purposes include responding to your enquiries, providing you with assistance you request of us, maintaining and administering our products and services (for example processing requests for quotes, applications for insurance, processing payments); processing your survey or questionnaire responses; market research and the collection of general statistical information using common internet technologies such as cookies; providing you with marketing information regarding other products and services (of ours or a third party); quality assurance and training purposes; performing administrative operations (including accounting and risk management) and any other purpose identified at the time of collecting your information.
If you do not consent to us collecting and using all or some of the Personal Information we request, we may not be able to provide you with our products or services.
We use Personal Information we may collect through competitions to determine prize-winners, award prizes and notify winners. We use Personal Information we may collect through surveys or questionnaires to assess your satisfaction with our products and services and to determine how we may better service your needs. We, and our Related Companies, may also use Personal Information you provide for research and statistical analysis to improve our services.
THE COLLECTION OF INFORMATION THROUGH OUR WEBSITE
Job Search Global will not collect any Personal Information about users of our Website except when they knowingly provide it or as otherwise described below. For example, Job Search Global may collect Personal Information from users of the Website when they:
- complete an online form/profile, including an enquiry form or registering to receive updates, promotional material or other information; or
- correspond with Job Search Global.
Aggregate and Click Stream Data – When you visit and browse our Website, our Website host may collect Personal Information and non-personal information or data in aggregate form for statistical, reporting and maintenance purposes. The Personal Information collected by our Website host will not be used to identify you. The information may include:
- the number of users visiting our Website and the number of pages viewed;
- the date, time and duration of a visit;
- the IP address of your computer; or
- the path taken through our Website.
Job Search Global’s Website host uses this information to administer and improve the performance of our Website, including to measure and analyse internet usage across our Website and to assist us with the diagnosis of and to provide support for any issues with our Website or services.
Cookies – Cookies are small text files that are transferred to a user’s computer hard drive by a website for the purpose of storing information about a user’s identity, browser type or website visiting patterns. If you access our Website, a cookie is downloaded onto your computer’s hard drive when you first log on to our Website. You can adjust your internet browser to disable cookies, however Job Search Global may not be able to provide you with all the service or functionality you require on our Website if you choose to do so.
Web Beacons – Web beacons are images that originate from a third party site to track visitor activities. Job Search Global may use web beacons to collect aggregate data and provides this information to our Website host to administer and improve the performance of our Website.
Advertising – We use Google and/or other third-party service providers to serve ads on our behalf across the Internet and sometimes on our Website. They may collect anonymous information about your visits to our Website (not including your name, address, email address or telephone number), and your interaction with our products and services. They may also use information about your visits to the Website and other websites to target advertisements for goods and services in order to provide more relevant advertisements about goods and services of interest to you.
HOW WE USE THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
Job Search Global uses the Personal Information it collects about you for our business functions and activities, which may include the following:
- to provide you with information, products or services you have requested, including providing you with information about course options available, and where we engage with third parties to provide you with goods or services;
- to respond to your enquiries or to register you as a registered user of the Website;
- to promote and market our products and services to you, including to communicate with you via our email newsletters;
- to personalise and customise your experiences on our Website;
- to help Job Search Global research the needs of its customers;
- to conduct research for the purposes of improving existing products or services or creating new products or services;
- to operate and improve our Website, including displaying personalised content and advertising;
- to provide you with ongoing information about Job Search Global and its activities;
- to allow us to provide you with third party information and offers in which we believe you may be interested;
- to allow us to provide your Personal Information to third parties such as Education Providers or related products and services to being able to enrol in an education course when you have consented to us doing so;
- to use de-identified information for the purposes of data analysis, research and reporting;
- to comply with regulatory or other legal requirements;
- for purposes related to the employment of our personnel and providing internal services to our staff; and
- for any other use required or permitted by law or any other purpose communicated to you at the time that the Personal Information was collected or for which you provided your consent.
Job Search Global may use your Personal Information for a secondary purpose if that secondary purpose is related to those purposes above if we have your consent or if otherwise provided for under the Privacy Act.
Direct Marketing – Job Search Global may use your Personal Information to provide you with direct marketing materials if you would reasonably expect us to or if you consent to receive direct marketing materials. We will seek your consent to provide you with direct marketing materials if we have obtained your Personal Information from a third party. Direct marketing material may include promotional material about Job Search Global or the products or services offered by Job Search Global.
You may opt out of receiving direct marketing material by contacting us in any of the ways specified in the direct marketing materials or as set out in clause 14.
SHARING AND DISCLOSING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We will not share Your Personal Information with any unrelated party except under the following circumstances:
- as provided in a collection notice we give you;
- where a product or service you apply for is provided or supplied by or through a third party;
- where a third party, such as a mailing house, carries out activities on our behalf;
- if disclosure is otherwise required in order to provide you with a particular product or service;
- in order to ensure our ability to continue providing products and services;
- if disclosure is required for the purposes of conducting business analysis in order to improve our products and services;
- if disclosure is required by law or requested by a statutory authority; including the Financial Ombudsman Service, other dispute resolution providers, government bodies, regulators and other law enforcement agencies;
- where a third party has an interest in the product or service we supply, for example an insurer, administrator, a related product provider, distributor;
- where it is necessary for a third party to assist us in providing our services or where we seek professional advice, for example reference bureaus, external IT service providers, lawyers, accountants, actuaries, veterinarians and others involved in pet handling and ownership; and
- where you have provided your consent to the use or disclosure – which may be given expressly or may reasonably be implied by your conduct.
- We may also share non-personal, de-identified and aggregated information for research or promotional purposes or for the purpose of improving our services.
Related and unrelated third parties to whom your Personal Information is disclosed are required to keep the information confidential and only use it for the same purposes we are permitted to use it.
Job Search Global does not currently disclose Personal Information outside of Australia.
We will keep your Personal Information only for as long as required for our business purposes and otherwise as required by Australian law.
Where we no longer need to keep your Personal Information we will take reasonable steps to destroy or de-identify your Personal Information.
If you wish to have your Personal Information destroyed or de-identified, please let us know and we will take reasonable steps to do so (unless we need to keep it for legal, auditing or internal risk management reasons, or as otherwise required by law).
SECURITY OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION HELD BY Job Search Global
Job Search Global will take reasonable steps to protect your Personal Information from misuse, interference and loss and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
Job Search Global aims to keep your Personal Information secure and up to date. We will comply with our obligations under the Privacy Act in relation to any Personal Information that we handle, including information that is held on Job Search Global’s computer systems.
ACCESS TO AND CORRECTION OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We will take reasonable steps to ensure that the Personal Information that we hold is accurate, up-to-date and complete. You can update your Personal Information at any time by contacting Job Search Global in any of the ways specified in the ‘Contact Us’ section or if you are a registered Job Search Global user by logging in and updating your profile. Job Search Global welcomes any changes to your Personal Information so as to keep our records up to date.
You are entitled to access Personal Information that Job Search Global holds about you. If you request access to your Personal Information, we will grant your request unless providing you with access would unreasonably impact upon the privacy of others or is not otherwise permitted under the Australian Privacy Principles or at law. We will provide you with written reasons if we refuse your request to access your Personal Information. In all cases you will be asked to verify who you are before Your Personal Information is provided.
In most cases, you may access your Personal Information at no cost to you by contacting Our Privacy Officer via mail at the address in the ‘Contact Us’ section or by sending an email to email@example.com
HOW TO CONTACT US
Write To: Att: Privacy Officer, Job Search Global Pty Ltd, PO Box 108, Woodend Australia 3442
You can find out more information about the Privacy Act and the Australian Privacy Principles from the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner. The Information Commissioner may be contacted at www.oaic.gov.au (email – firstname.lastname@example.org) or by calling on 1300 363 992