Website Mentmore and Morley
The Mentmore and Morley Restaurand in Rosebery, NSW 2018 is looking for cook or Sous Chef with at 1 yearsexperience
– Experience as a chef in café, restaurant or commercial kitchen with 1 year minimum
– Ability to operate and maintain composure under pressure and meet deadlines
– Excellent interpersonal communication & customer service skills
– Desired culinary qualifications, Advanced Diploma in Hospitality in
Management with AQF Certificate III
– Excellent grooming & presentation standards
– Preparing high standards of food presentation and quality (Breakfast and Lunch Cafe Menu)
– Ensure all food orders and menu items are completed accurately, consistently and in an efficient manner in a small working environment
– Undertaking of all kitchen duties, from preparing creative culinary delights to providing exceptional customer service and cleaning and maintenance of kitchen
– Maintaining and ordering stocks and supplies
– Menu planning and innovation
– Following food safety requirements by maintaining a high standard of cleanliness, presentation and hygiene in the kitchen and food service area
– Be able to examine foodstuffs to ensure quality of goods
– Competent knowledge of ovens, grills and other cooking equipment
– Competent knowledge of preparing, cooking and seasoning food
– Documenting and storage of food in temperature controlled facilities
– Preparation of food to meet special dietary and allegy requirements
Salary: $56,000 PA plus supperannuation
During the period of his employment, the main responsibilities carried out as a Chef were the following:
● Work closely with head chef to prepare diversified menus in accordance with restaurant’s policies & procedures.
● Develop new and innovative menus, recipe cards and preparation charts.
● Cook different food contained in the menu.
● Ensure all foods are prepared as per standard recipe cards & menu.
● Check all kitchen deliveries and creation of purchase orders to match all invoices received for kitchen supplies.
● Ensure that the kitchen operates in a timely way that meets the restaurant’s standard.
● Delegate tasks, direct and supervise kitchen staff to ensure the efficient and effective operation of the kitchen.
● Develop of kitchen staff rostering.
● Train and develop staff to increase their skills and knowledge in food preparation and presentation.
● Ensure stock levels for trade requirements are maintained for food and related equipment.
● Comply with and enforce sanitation regulations and safety standards.