Hitech Automotive Centre
Hitech Automotive Centre is looking for an experienced Senior Automotive Electrician Specialist and Manager to head our team’s European diagnostic and repair vehicle division.
The Opportunity Role and Duties need to include:
• Minimum 10 years’ experience essential in a similar role working on European Motor vehicles and managing junior staff and apprentices.
• Heading and managing the European Motor Vehicle division of the Business.
• Supervision and training of apprentices and junior staff.
• Experience in problem solving of complex auto and electrical repair issues of new vehicles and repairs.
• Inspect plant and equipment for conformity and compliance.
• Maintain, overhaul and test electrical/electronic equipment.
• Perform modifications to wiring looms and electrical components.
• Diagnosis and Repair and report preparation for Insurance companies and Motor vehicle companies.
• Complete and all European Scanner Operator use Skill and experience and to provide training to junior staff.
• Diagnostic Experience with a vast array of scan tools, Scan tools used on a daily basis include Autoland, Autologic, Autel, Gscan 1,2,&3, launch, etc.
• Extensive and proven experience also with OEM tools and operations for the following brands, Mercedes Xentry, VW ODIS, and BMW ISID and other European Brands.
• Prior Experience with insurance repairs and Specialist work involving water damage repairs and liaison with all major insurance companies, quotations and reports.
• Previous Experience and liaison with working with loss Adjusters and Insurance assessors.
• Complete Understanding of Repair manuals processes and procedures for European Motor vehicles.
• Complete disassemble of vehicle interior electronic components to carry out repair or replacement of electrical components affected by water ingress and impact damage.
• Fitting, programming, and coding new modules and components all levels.
• General auto electrical duties such as diagnostic work, accessory fitting and wiring, and repairs.
• Tuning and calibration of European Auto Transmissions and engine modules and computers.
• People skills and customer liaison essential.
• Preparing Job cards and ordering parts and scope of works for repairs.
• Excellent record keeping including written work records and reports.
• Familiarity and experience with compliance with state and federal vehicle standards and requirements, including engine safety and combustion control standards of European vehicles and standards.
Hours of work:
38 hours per week
• Full Australia working rights.
• Minimum 10 years post trade experience in a similar role working on European motor vehicles
• Previous experience diagnosing and repairing European vehicles essential.
• Previous experience essential working on Rolls-Royce, Bentley, Aston Martin, BMW, Mercedes, Porsche, Ferrari and Audi.
• National police check clearance essential.
• Computer Literacy with the ability to prepare and record accurate maintenance information and type up and compile reports.
• Driver’s license essential
• Minimum 10 years’ experience with scan tools and working on European motor vehicles.
Salary range of $70,000 to $100,000
For a confidential discussion about the role and further information, please contact Gary Papapetros at [email protected] or call 02 9667 4008.