Website Velseis Pty Ltd
• Start: ASAP
• Travel: Flights and/or transport to and from the project site provided
• Accommodation: Provided by Velseis when working in the field
• Food: Provided free to the worker when working in the field
• Tools: Service truck and equipped workshop
Do you enjoy exploring new places and working on different projects? Whether you are a skilled mechanic, a retired professional, or a keen apprentice, we have an opportunity for you. Join our team and travel around Australia as you apply your talents and gain new experiences.
You’ll operate primarily on field-based project sites using a fully equipped service truck to service and repair equipment. Between jobs, there are also opportunities to work in our well-equipped workshops in Brisbane or Toowoomba.
Teamwork is at the core of our company culture, and we need someone who can collaborate well with others. We have a flexible and transparent leadership style that encourages feedback and innovation. We support our employees to grow and develop their abilities in their work environment.
To join us, you will need:
A mechanical certificate or a relevant trade qualification
A high level of motivation and enthusiasm for mechanical work
A valid Australian manual driver’s license
At Velseis, we value diversity and inclusion in our workplace. We strive to create a culture where everyone, no matter what their background or identity, is treated with dignity and respect. We offer long-term career prospects for those who share our vision.
To apply, you must:
• Communicate well and be dependable.
• Agree to a medical check and drug and alcohol tests.
• Work safely and avoid causing damage to people, property, or the environment.
• Have a valid work visa, permanent residency, or citizenship in Australia.
• Have a current manual driver’s license (this is essential for the role).
• A mechanical certificate or relevant trade qualification or working towards your trade qualification (apprentice).
Your application to include responses to the following questions:
• What is your current right to work in Australia status (work visa, citizen etc.)?
• How many years of experience do you have as a mechanic/apprentice?
• Do you have a current Australian driver’s license?
• Do you have your tools relevant to this role?
• Are you available to work outside your usual hours when required? (e.g. weekends, evenings, public holidays)
• Have you completed a qualification in automotive mechanical technology?
Your duties will be:
• Performing regular maintenance and as-needed repairs on vehicles and equipment
• Taking part in vehicle and site inspections
• Keeping records and reports in line with company standards
• Helping and cooperating with other workshop staff
• Following and upholding safety standards
• Completing all learning and training activities (for apprentices only)
• Applicants with hydraulic or heavy vehicle experience are preferable but on-the-job training will also be supplied.