We currently have openings for FULL-TIME CHEF positions.
The position responsibilities include:
* Being involved in all phases of our retail production environment – from receiving goods, production, decorating and packaging cakes for our clients.
* Ensuring our HACCP Food Safety Program and Occupational Health and Safety Regulations are adhered to at all times. This includes checking, explaining, enforcing, and reporting hygiene regulations and hazard risks surrounding cleanliness of baking, decorating equipment, and general premises, whether performing the cleaning tasks yourself or checking your team member’s work before production runs.
* Quantity and quality checking the arrival of stock, including raw ingredients, mixes, decorative products, packaging, etc.
* Ensuring the success of our products by optimising the recipes and correctly selecting and weighing ingredients for product mixes, demonstrating techniques and advising on cooking procedures. Prepares and cook food and pastries. Monitoring quality of dishes at all stages of preparation and presentation.
* Experience using automated depositors.
* Use of Combi Ovens, from 6 to 40 rack, monitoring oven temperatures, and planning baking efforts (including batter filling, baking, cooling and cutting) to manage a wide variety of baking sizes and times, minimising oven usage to save energy costs.
* Coordinating and performing the forming, loading, baking, unloading, de-panning, and cooling of batches, freezing, and preserving of pastry products.
* Demonstrating techniques, advising on cooking/baking procedures, and has extensive experience in making cakes and pastries, including glazing pastries, decorating cakes with cream and icing, buttercream sponge cakes, pound cakes, shaping fondant cakes, decorative chocolate work, isomalt, fresh cream sponge cakes, royal icing.
* Monitoring the cleaning and closing process for the retail store, whether performing the wind down tasks yourself or checking your team member’s work. Emptying, cleaning, and greasing baking trays, tins, and other cooking equipment.
To be qualified for this position you must meet the following REQUIREMENTS:
* Experience in the above listed responsibilities or has relevant experience or specialisation as Chef de Partie.
* Have a current NSW Food Supervisor Certificate
* Completed a Cert IV or higher in Patisserie, or at least 3 years relevant experience in an establishment producing cakes and cake decorating, or Advanced Diploma or Diploma
* Experience in custom cake decorating, particularly Fondant, Fresh Cream, American Buttercream and Italian Buttercream on pound and sponge cakes.
* Decorating experience with isomalt, fondant, royal icing, chocolate and macarons is also required.
* At least two years experience as a team leader of at least 5 staff in a hospitality and/or retail environment.
* Available Tuesday to Sunday from 10am. Overtime is common.
To apply for this position:
– Please apply using the link provided.
– You MUST include a CV outlining your experience, which meets ALL the above requirements AND includes a portfolio of pictures of your cake decorating experience. You can provide a link to a social media account that demonstrates YOUR work.
– A cover letter briefly detailing how you meet the above requirements.
– Must have 2 years experience in Function catering
– On Request, You MUST be able to provide us a scanned copy of your NSW Food Supervisor Certificate.
– We will contact you if we wish to proceed your application further, face-to-face interviews will be conducted in store.
Due to the complex nature and technical skills required of the position and our desire to keep great staff, we will pay the successful applicant above the General Retail Industry Award 2010 [MA000004] Retail Employee Level 4. The position has a base annual salary of $50,000 + super and is negotiable to $60,000 + super for highly experienced applicants.
Do NOT call the restaurant directly regarding this position, do not engage with our online team via chat or email, or visit our store regarding this position. Apply via website only.
Job Types: Full-time, Casual
Salary: $50,000.00 – $60,000.00 per year