Certificate in Animal Care
Gain the Foundation skills and knowledge to provide the best in Animal Care
Whether you’re currently working with animals, looking to work with animals in the future, or simply love animals and want to provide them with the best care possible; this is the course for you. Our certificate in animal care is a great way to work toward your goals and improve your skills in caring for companion animals.
You will start off by studying the science behind how the body works; and then receive a broad understanding of the theory behind many the aspects of pet care, including diet, environment, hygiene, training, safe handling and recognising common health issues.
The course covers a variety of pets including dogs, cats, rabbits, birds, rodents and fish.
- Gain a greater understanding of managing and caring for a variety of pets including dogs, cats, rabbits, birds, rodents and fish.
- Identify common signs of ill health
- Develop a broader awareness of health issues in domestic pets
- Examine the basic biology and structure of animals
- Learn basic fundamental theories behind training and handling companion animals.
This course covers the following modules
- Introduction to Animal Care
- Anatomy and Physiology
- Husbandry of Dogs
- Husbandry of Other Species
- Common Diseases of Dogs
- Common Diseases of Other Species
- First Aid, Accidents and Emergencies
- Handling and Safety
- Health Care of Pets
- Training and Behaviour
Accredited by ICOES
ICOES, the International Council for Online Educational Standards guarantees you a high standard of content with measurable outcomes from a reputable training organisation. ICOES is the accrediting body that establishes, monitors and continually develops the educational standards of online teaching institutions.
Assessments: 10 modules / 10 assignments. Includes case studies, quizzes and written assessments.
Duration: 100 hours (approximately 10 hours per module). Learn at your own pace, but ideally complete one module per week.
Access Time: You will have access to this course for up to 6 months until you complete.
Delivery and support: Online with tutor support via email or phone.